sábado, 4 de marzo de 2017

La Belleza y La Estética: 3 Bellezas

Image result for 3 bellezasI love it when I find a good movie that fits perfectly into an upcoming unit! I just watched the movie "3 Bellezas" and I am definitely going to use it in my AP class for the "La Belleza y La Estética" unit. It is available for free if you have Amazon Prime. Unfortunately the only subtitles are in English, but I still think there is value in watching it with those subtitles. I am considering watching some segments without any subtitles, but I need to rewatch and choose those carefully.

I bought this guía de preguntas that I will use for class discussion. And I am also coming up with some of my own materials to use with the movie. We will definitely do a Seminario Socrático after watching this movie, because I think my students will have a lot to say about it. I particularly like this discussion question: Compara las perspectivas de la belleza de las canciones "Mantra" y "Soy yo" con las de la película "3 Bellezas."

The movie might not be appropriate for all ages, but I have juniors and seniors in my AP class so they will be fine with it. The movie is mostly appropriate (with one part at 47 minutes that I will definitely skip and maybe a couple of others). Here is the trailer:


This short video will be a good accompaniment.  


10 comentarios:

  1. En los primeros 10 segundos del corto dicen "tetas" , no creo que sea adecuado para los alumnos

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks for your comment. For me, the themes in this movie outweigh that one word. As any resource, a teacher can decide what is best for their students. I don't judge resource by one word.

      Eliminar
  2. I love your Socratic Seminar document! One question, on the last page, you have a list of themes, and questions. Are students allowed to pull from that list to create their questions on the previous page or what do you use that page for and when do you present it in the process? Thank you.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks! It is mostly adapted from Arianne Dowd's work. Yes, they can pull from that list to create their questions.

      Eliminar
    2. Do you not find, that they all just use those as their questions? And, thus you end up with everyone having the same questions on the day of the seminar?

      Eliminar
  3. Kara,

    Do you watch the movie with English subtitles. I have been trying to find the movie with Spanish subtitles but I cannot. Thanks

    ResponderEliminar
  4. And it's on Kanopy through your public library

    ResponderEliminar
  5. You can also buy it on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0InQ-YxZ3U&t=4s

    ResponderEliminar